Monday, May 14, 2012

First Loves Blogfest

It's the First Loves Blogfest! The idea is to share four of our first loves. First movie, song or artist, book and person. Check out the others here. Thanks for hosting, Alex!



First Movie: The Never Ending Story. I loved the idea of hiding out and spending the whole day getting lost in a story. That he gets to then be part of the story was just too awesome. And I totally wanted my own luck dragon!

First Song: I remember as a kid my mom had a CD called Girl Groups of the Sixties. It was filled with songs like Soldier Boy and Johnny Angel. I remember dancing to those songs in the living room with my little sisters. Coincidentally, I married a Marine and named my first son Johnny. . .

First Book: The first book  I remember not being able to put down was A Dog Called Kitty. The funny thing is, I don't really remember the story any more, but I do remember the pain of having to put it down when my mom made me come eat my dinner.

First Person: My high school sweetheart. I was shy, he was the class clown, opposites attract and all that. We had a lot of fun together. It ended badly, as most first loves do, but I still think he was a great first love to have. He was very sweet.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone else's first loves. It will be a nice way to kick off a very busy week for me. My husband is having knee surgery tomorrow, (he's not nervous but I kind of am.) Then the high school play that I am directing is this Friday and Saturday. The show is great and the kids are awesome. It's going to be a ton of fun, but we still have a lot of work to do.

Have a great week everyone!

42 comments:

  1. I love those old songs, too! You do have a busy week. Praying for hubby. Break a leg on your high school play. After watching so many, I'm betting you pull it all together for opening night :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shiela! And that's true, they always do pull it together. I guess that's just the way it is with theater! :)

      Delete
  2. Omg, The Never Ending Story! I loved, loved that!
    Jeez, I think I need to rent/buy that movie for my daughter right now! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry - the surgery will go fine and the play will rock.
    Neverending Story is a popular choice today.
    Thanks for participating in my blogfest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I loved the Never Ending Story. What a great movie. I'm terrible so I still quote it today. Most people haven't seen it, but I'm weird like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, sending good vibes through the computer for the hubby. :)

    And my first love was outgoing and loud mouthed and dorky and everything I am, haha! I loved him so much I married him. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie!
      That's so sweet! Few people are lucky enough to marry their first love. :)

      Delete
  6. Awe,The Neverending Story was fab! I like how your music tastes seemed to shape your life lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't that a crazy coincidence about your husband! Good luck for tomorrow with his surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rachel-I love your music choice-I married a Marine too! Hope all goes well with the knee surgery.

    The Neverending Story was very popular in my house growing up. Rare that all of us agreed on a movie, but we all loved to watch that one.

    Good luck with the play!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope everything goes well.

    Love you firsts. The wolf in NeverEnding Story scared me to death when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Gave me nightmares actually. When I let my kids watch it we fast-forwarded that part!

      Delete
  10. Visiting from the First Loves blogfest. I knew (know) a lot of sixties music too- it's my dad's favorite. We still do "The Twist" together at weddings and he can still twist lower than I can! The man is amazing. With my first love, I was too immature and selfish to appreciate it, but I didn't put that part in my post. :)Good luck with the surgery tomorrow.
    A2ZMommy and What’s In Between

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved The NeverEnding Story! Such a cool concept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is something so many kids would fantasize about. :)

      Delete
  12. Great firsts! And my prayers for your husband and his surgery.

    I'm a new follower via the First Loves Blogfest. Nice to meet ya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi fellow blogfester here. I'm not familiar with any of the song, movie or book. Perhaps it's time to broaden my experience. Happy Monday!

    The Spinster’s Vow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you should check out the movie for sure, it's a good one. :)

      Delete
  14. My parents listened to oldies when we were growing up, so I have an appreciation for those songs.

    Good luck to your husband with his surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Never Ending Story! The first time I saw it, we had to stop at the scene in the swamp, so for the longest time I could say, "I've never seen the end of The Never Ending Story."

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved the Neverending Story! It seems to be a popular choice for this blog fest.

    Allison (Geek Banter)

    ReplyDelete
  17. True, the love stories are the best! Good Luck with your busy week :)

    Sharing the Love!
    English Speaking Zone

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Neverending Story. I was soooo jealous of Bastian. He was so cool and got to skip school :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely no exaggeration when I say I have seen Never Ending Story close to 100 times. It is one of my favourites. As a kid I had it videoed off the tv and I wore the tape out. I now have it on DVD. I had such a crush on Atreyu! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A little behind in visiting the 1st loves! Great movie choice!
    -MJ http://creativelyspiltink.blogspot.com/2012/05/first-loves-blogfest.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great blogfest! I love your choices.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sorry I'm late.
    Lots of people love The Neverending Story!
    Great choices.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete